International/Regional tax litigation and advisory services
bringing Africa to the World. A member of TPA Global with associate offices in 60 countries: https://www.tpa-global.com/professionals
TRM™ Tax Risk Management Services
- US Inbound – planning – compliance – tax risk management – controversy representation
- Africa Inbound – planning – compliance – tax risk management – controversy representation
- US Outbound – planning – compliance – tax risk management – controversy representation
- Africa Outbound – planning – compliance – tax risk management – controversy representation
- US tax representation & US tax court controversies – All 50 States & territories
- Africa tax representation & tax/high court controversies – South Africa, Malawi, Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Mauritius, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Tanzania & 26 others
Africa Tax Court cases – South Africa, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, Uganda and other African jurisdictions representing American interests in tax cases in the U.S. and in Africa
US Tax Court petitions/cases, preparation and Tax Court appearances in all 50 States in the USA, the District of Columbia, and US territories
US International Tax Index: http://taxmap.ntis.gov/taxmap/internationalindex.htm
United States – New York, West Palm Beach
Nigeria – Lagos, Port-Harcourt, Abuja
Mauritius – Port Louis
South Africa – Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, Nelspruit
We recommend proactively determining what your uncertain positions may be, rather than having revenue services do this and raising these areas in a dispute. When you know where your risks lie, you’re in control.
As our field is so exceptionally fast-paced and multi-faceted, we place a high premium on the ongoing education of our team, as well as our clients’ people. We enjoy collaboration with the International Institute for Tax and Finance (www.IITF.net) and the Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego, CA, U.S in this regard.
We assist clients in understanding their rights as taxpayers, in any given jurisdiction. We are also focus in our advice on the emerging constitutional and administrative law issues, as they affect tax matters.
International Tax Advice & Planning
We assist clients in how to properly set up businesses in multiple jurisdictions, as well as giving advice on optimising existing structures. This is a skill set that is honed by the fact that TRM has been involved in so many international and domestic tax related disputes.
Into Africa Tax Matters
Africa remains largely uncharted territory for many multinationals seeking to do business in Africa. Providing guidance in this regard is our strong suite.
In this regard we have done services of the following:
- Represented MNEs in South Africa in a variety of tax-related disputes including various major industry leaders in the top 50 corporations in South Africa.
- Sit on tax risk management committees of listed corporates, offering ongoing input and advice under the attorney / client privilege.
- Conducted transfer pricing studies i.r.o. trading operations in South Africa, Botswana, Swaziland, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda and Angola.
- Transfer pricing disputes in South Africa, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Kenya and Uganda.
- MAP procedures in 6 different African jurisdictions.